By accessing this website (www.ftdmag.co.nz), you acknowledge the terms and conditions expressed herein. We reserve the right to change this policy at our sole discretion and without notice.
What information is collected, and why?
When a user visits our website, we collect information about the visit that does not identify the user personally. We track information such as the domain from which the user is visiting and the user's browser type. We also collect specific information regarding the user's session on our website. This includes items such as the date and time of the visit and the pages viewed.
Sometimes we ask a user to voluntarily provide personally identifiable information (PII). This information generally includes, but is not limited to, name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number. We request this information when the user requests one of the following:
- To subscribe to FTD Magazine
- To sign up for a mailing list
- To correspond with us
- Or any other such activity that we deem necessary
Aston Publishing Ltd does not collect any personally identifiable financial or health-related information. We do not intentionally collect information from children under the age of 13.
How is the information used?
Non-personally identifiable information (non-PII) is collected to allow us to analyse how our website is used and to improve the content and service the website provides.
Personally identifiable information is collected for analysis to improve the content of the website and the services we provide the user.
Aston Publishing Ltd owns the collected information and will not sell, trade, or rent the information to others. We may use the information to continue contact with the user. This may include contact such as follow-up calls, e-mail correspondence, or mail correspondence to follow-up on the contact or to provide marketing information about promotions, new services, or important website changes. Aston Publishing Ltd may share this information with its business partners for the specific purpose of a promotion, competition or service offering.
Are "Cookies" used on the website?
How is personally identifiable information safeguarded?
Aston Publishing Ltd utilises industry standard methods and mechanisms such as firewalls, intrusion monitoring, and passwords to protect electronic information. Finally, access to PII is limited to a small number of personnel and on a need-to-know basis.
Links to other websites
Aston Publishing Ltd website may contain links to other internet websites. Aston Publishing Ltd neither controls nor endorses external sites and is not responsible for the content of such sites. This policy does not cover the privacy policies and data collection practices of non-Aston Publishing Ltd websites.
How to opt out of correspondence
Based on the information a user has provided, Aston Publishing Ltd may send e-mail correspondence to the user. Each correspondence will contain an easy means to opt out of further correspondence.
Your subscription will be fulfilled by Aston Publishing Ltd, PO Box 340173, Birkenhead, Auckland 0746, New Zealand.
If you do not agree with any part of these terms and conditions do not place an order. If you have any questions please contact us: Tel.: +64 9 481 3005, Email: info (at) astonpublishing.co.nz
Cancellations and Refunds
All subscriptions are for a minimum term of 12 months. Subscriptions are non-refundable, but may be transferred to an alternative recipient.
All prices are inclusive of delivery costs and GST (if applicable). Subscriptions will start with the next issue to be published.
We will deliver the magazines to the address you notify to us when you place your order. We will not be responsible for failure to deliver the magazines if you have supplied us with an incorrect address. Please contact us if your address details change.Aston Publishing Ltd Tel. +64 9 481 3005, PO Box 340173, Birkenhead, Auckland 0746, New Zealand. astonpublishing.co.nz
The ‘Promoter’ is Aston Publishing Ltd
‘Disqualified Participants’ are: all Aston Publishing Ltd employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families. ‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, Grandparents, Parents, Children, and Grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
1. These Terms & Conditions (‘the T&Cs’) apply to all Aston Publishing Ltd Promotions or Competitions conducted by means of any medium – radio, television, print, telephone or computer. The Rules may change from time to time.
2. If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms those specific rules or terms will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
3. Unless otherwise stated in the abovementioned specific rules or terms, registration, entry or vote is limited to 1 per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
4. Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the T&Cs and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example from the bill payer or owner of a telephone) to enter the Promotion.
5. The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
6. Aston Publishing Ltd reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
7. Aston Publishing Ltd reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who Aston Publishing Ltd decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules, gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
8. By participating, entrants grant Aston Publishing Ltd exclusive permission to use their names and photographs in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use. Entrants also give permission for Aston Publishing Ltd to share their information with the entity giving away the prize.
9. All entrant personal details must be valid and up to date and will be held by Aston Publishing Ltd and may be used for the purpose of the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes. The participant has a two-business-day period from the time of entry to request removal from the database. If no request is made it is deemed acceptance that the information can be used at the discretion of Aston Publishing Ltd and/or any other company associated with the Promotion.
10. Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
11. Where the Promotion involves texting, the following apply: a) Any form of automated text message is invalid b) Aston Publishing Ltd takes no responsibility for text costs incurred after the Promotion has closed as stipulated in the Promotion Terms and Conditions.
WINNING THE PRIZE
12. Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (‘the Winner’).
13. The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Promotion Terms and Conditions – if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the Judge.
14. The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text) or mail and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by Aston Publishing Ltd. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (eg when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned) the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 3 attempts to contact will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry.)
16. The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the prize specified in the Promotion becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value. Where the prize incorporates air travel, unless otherwise specified the air travel is economy class.
17. Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person and they must provide proper identification (eg driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate). If the Winner is under the age of 18 years their parent or guardian must give their prior written consent to the award of the prize.
18. The Winner takes the prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Aston Publishing Ltd in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
ASTON PUBLISHING LTD RESPONSIBILITY
19. Aston Publishing Ltd reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
20. Aston Publishing Ltd takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, texts with a mis-spelt keyword, texts to an incorrect short-code, Acts of God or otherwise.
21. To the fullest extent permitted by law Aston Publishing Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the Promotion prize.
22. Where the prize is to be supplied by an entity outside Aston Publishing Ltd control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, Aston Publishing Ltd has no responsibility for the provision of the prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative prize or to take legal action to require the prize supplier to provide the prize.
23. Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.